Monday, September 20, 2010

Friends

These wonderful people come from all over the world these days. 
I am very blessed to have my BEST friend as my husband, I am also very blessed to know many men and women from all over this beautiful country of Australia as well as many countries world wide.
What a wonderful invention was the Internet. My life would definitely be a lot poorer for not having these wonderful people around me.

Have you ever thought about the dynamics of friendship? Friendship works not really any differently to the relationship you have with you spouse/partner/significant other, although I feel that friends are a bit more relaxed in the way we treat each other. After all, at the end of the evening or coffee or movie time, we don't go home with them and may not see them physically for many days or weeks.

What makes a TRUE friend?
Is it someone who is there for you and you for them no matter what? Is a friend someone who will be possibly the only person in your circle of influence who will DARE to tell you to 'get you act together' in what ever way needed?

How long have you been friends with your friends?
I have some wonderful women who I count myself very fortunate to have known for at least 12 years now. They have stayed friends with me even though I have moved from the faith walk I was on when I first got to know them. They accept me for who I am, not what I believe in or any other externals. These ladies are to me very GOOD examples of women of God....Jeanne is probably the one who knows me best out of all of these ladies and she and I have been through a lot together. 

Friends, what does that word mean to you?

Have you moved country or State or even town and had to make new friends? I have. 
Not the easiest thing I have ever had to do. I was born and raised for a part of my life in Westport New Zealand. Moved to Wellington for a couple of years then over to Sydney Australia. I have to admit in all honesty, the move to Australia was THE HARDEST thing I have ever done, trying to get to know people here was never easy. I now have some absolutely wonderful friends here, some who would give me the shirt off their backs if I needed it, however, it has been a long and difficult road.

Do you make friends easily? How big a part does trust play in what you confide in to these friends?

My favourite movie quote here is also a psychology principle... the humble onion. Ever studied it, once you get your eyes clear after peeling it? Those rings. This is what Shrek was talking about.
We are the very centre of the onion. Those around us are in various places radiating out from the centre. The ones on the very outer rings (acquaintances), you hardly know or talk with and you most certainly WON'T tell them your deepest darkest secrets.... you have some of those don't you? I might have somewhere in the recesses of my mind.... got to do a Spring clean on that filing cabinet ^_^
but I digress.... the onion. The closer the rings to the centre, the more confidence and TRUST you have in a person in your circle of influence.
Did you realise that statistically each person knows on average 250 people in their lives.... true, there were studies done of funeral attendances ^_^

Word of mouth... great for advertisers and new products. Tina, my friend (her blog spot is linked here, go say hi) had a promotion and I got to test taste the product.... now here is where FREE marketing comes in for the company in question.... 
Kelloggs Sultana Bran Buds, look for them in your store.. they are YUMMO!!!!!!!!! eat them from the pack, or in a bowl if you are using manners and etiquette, have them with milk. Either way they are SO NICE...
now this is an example of Word of Mouth... I hope you go and at least try them...if you do I DARE you to STOP at ONE handful....
Cinemas, restaurants, car dealers many businesses rely on word of mouth. Now this can also work AGAINST a product/film/book/company. 250 friends, who in turn have 250 friends.. anyone good at extrapolation?

Friends, there for us and we for them. 
We might fight and squabble with each other, but woe betide the foolish one outside the circle who attacks one of the friends.

Friends. Remember to give yours a call or *hug* today and tell them just how much they mean to you. I am sure they will tell you how much they appreciate you.

Thank you my friends. Love you all bunches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment